Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Nothing Like the Tanning Bed to Get Those Creative Juices Flowing!

Yes, that's right. I went to the tanning bed today. Love me (or don't) with skin cancer and all. Funny story about that. At first I was afraid to even get into the tanning bed. I pictured it as a broiling coffin that would slam shut at any moment; Therefore, trapping me in to burn. I also kept having flashes of the scene from the movie Final Destination. I'm not sure if it was part 2 or 3? That's not what concerns me. The part that makes my skin crawl (my hot, broiling skin I may remind you) is that a girl gets trapped in the tanning bed and is eventually fried and roasted alive because of an electrical problem. I justify still going to the tanning bed with the hopes that I have not previously cheated death. If so, I should be safe correct? I'm hoping so as I lay there for an entire seven minutes and try to block out images from that gruesome movie. Anyhow, I didn't fry this time. I made it out completely unscathed. It was a success...until next time!

3 comments:

  1. Haha, after having worked tanning beds for years, I can assure you I have never once had to clean up after someone who fried themself. You're safe to drift off and imagine it's the beach... that's what I do. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad to have that reassurance! Maybe now that I've let it out I'll be able to relax. :)

    ReplyDelete