Thursday, June 17, 2010

The Grammar Nazi

My little cousin seemed to be having problems with some little girls cussing her via Formspring. She asked me what she should do and I replied, "Correct their grammar...do these kids have an English class? Nobody likes to made a fool of on the Internet." Needless to say, those girls were put in their place rather quickly. They should have used spell check :D

So, the day before yesterday I started reading the new Sookie Stackhouse novel a.k.a TrueBlood. The newest novel is "Dead in the Family" if you're interested in checking it out. I came across a quote Sookie made that I found rather amusing: "Grammar be damned." Now, this is taken out of context and probably shouldn't be explained here. If you ever get a chance to pick up a copy of the novel you will understand why. There are only a few instances when grammar can be tossed aside nonchalantly like an old blanket given up by a five year old child who has decided he/she no longer needs it as a comfort blanket. This is one of these rare occasions.

I believe "The Grammar Nazi" would be a perfect title for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment